Blue Danube River Discovery
September 19-29, 2021
Budapest * Vienna * Dürnstein * Melk * Regensburg * Passau * Salzburg * Roth * Nuremberg
- Local Transfers from/to Rockford, Buffalo & Hanover
- Roundtrip Flights to/from Minneapolis-Budapest/Nuremberg
- 2 Nights Superior First Class Hotel in Budapest
- Deluxe Motor Coach Transportation
- 7-night Avalon Suite Ship River Cruise: Envision
- Professional Tour Director & Local Guides
- All Meals as Listed & Complimentary Bottle Water
- Complimentary Sparkling Wine with Breakfast and Regional Beer, Wine and Soft Drinks with Lunch and Dinner.
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees, as well as treats throughout the day
- Local Entertainment
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Onboard
- Personalized Headset System
- Complimentary Bicycles Onshore
- Pre-Paid Gratuities ($135 Value)
Highlights & Places You’ll Visit
- Budapest: City Tour, Fisherman’s Bastion, Heroes’ Square
- Vienna: City Tour, Vienna Opera House, Imperial Palace Gardens & St. Stephens Cathedral
- Dürnstein: Walking Tour, Dürnstein Castle
- Melk: Melk Abby & Wine Tasting
- Passau: Walking Tour
- Salzburg: City Tour & Mozart’s Birthplace
- Cesky Krumlov: Walking Tour
- Regensburg: Walking Tour, the Old Town Hall, Weltenburg Monastery
- Roth: City Tour
- Nuremberg: City Tour, Nuremberg Rally Grounds, Beer Tasting
Peace of Mind Travel Plan*
- Optional Oktoberfest in Munich Extension
Day to Day Itinerary
Sept. 19-20: Budapest, Hungary
Depart Minneapolis on your overnight flight to Budapest, arriving in Hungary’s lively capital spanning the banks of the Danube. The remainder of the day is free to relax and just enjoy the city.
Sept. 21: Budapest, Hungary
Budapest’s unique energy is positively palatable. On your included tour of the city, see Heroes’ Square as well as the massive hilltop castle complex with its remarkable Fishermen’s Bastion and 11th-century Matthias Church, the coronation spot of several Hungarian monarchs. You may even want to walk across Chain Bridge, built in 1849 and a symbol of Budapest. The afternoon and evening are free. Perhaps visit St. Stephen’s Basilica for marvelous city views from its viewing platform, or stroll along Váci utca, the main shopping street. (B)
Sept. 22: Budapest (Embarkation)
This morning you can explore this vibrant city at your own pace. Shop at the Great Market Hall and purchase paprika or embroidery at one of its 180 vendor stalls, or wander around the Royal Palace grounds. This afternoon you’ll transfer to the luxurious; Avalon Envision. Meet your crew at a welcome reception and dinner onboard while you set sail for Vienna. (B,D)
Sept. 23: Vienna, Austria
Enjoy a morning sail along the Danube on the sky deck as the rolling landscapes and red rooftops of this Slovokian Capital come into view. Tonight in Vienna, you have the option to join an excursion to a Royal Waltz concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall. (B,L,D)
Dock overnight in Vienna.
Sept. 24: Vienna, Austria
Venture out into the Habsburg Empire on a guided city tour of Vienna’s most famous landmarks. See the Imperial Palace-winter home to the Imperial family, the Vienna Opera House as well as beautiful St. Stephens Cathedral. The afternoon is free to explore one of the many museums, bike along the Danube river or join an optional tour of Schonbrunn Palace, the summer home of the Imperial family for over 300 years. (B,L,D)
Sept. 25: Dürnstein & Melk
This morning join your local guide and hear the legendary tale of King Richard the Lionheart who was imprisoned in the castle above the village during the Crusades. Or actually hike up to the castle ruins with your adventure host for an amazing view of the village and the Danube River.
Back on the ship, enjoy coffee or a cocktail from the Sky Deck as you sail to Melk.
This afternoon take a guided tour of Melk’s beautiful Benedictine Abbey. Marvel at its frescoed ceilings, ornate pipe organ, statue and library. Enjoy the flavors of the lovely Wachau Valley with a winetasting onboard ship. (B,L,D)
Sept. 26: Passau, Salzburg, Cesky Krumlov
Choose how you wish to spend your day today. Options include; Passau, situated where the Danube, Inn and Liz River’s meet, join a guided walking tour and learn more about this gorgeous “City of Three Rivers”. Salzburg, the city of Mozart and the sights from The Sound of Music, with a full day excursion. Or visit the medieval Bohemian town of Cesky Krumlov at UNESCO World Heritage site. (B,L,D)
Sept. 27: Regensburg
Regensburg is one of Germany’s best preserved medieval cities. Enjoy a walking tour of Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria-built in 179 AD as the entrance to Castra Regina Fortress. Spend your afternoon exploring Regensburg on your own or take an optional tour to visit the Benedictine Monastery in Weltenburg. Enjoy live entertainment onboard this evening before cruising to Roth. (B,L,D)
Sept. 28: Roth excursion to Nuremberg
Onboard the ship listen to a lecture about the Main Danube Canal, which links two rivers and enables a vital connection between the North and Black Sea. Next, join a guided tour of the Bavarian town of Roth, with its half-timbered houses market square and Schloss Ratibor, a hunting lodge built in 1535. Or head to Nuremberg, where you can take a guided tour of the city itself or see the Nuremberg Rally Grounds, used by the Third Reich during WWII . Enjoy local beer tasting before dinner. (B,L,D)
Sept 29: Nuremberg:
After breakfast this morning transfer to the airport and your return flight home. (B)
B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner
Extend your stay with an optional 5 Day/4 Night excursion to celebrate Oktoberfest in Munich! Ask for details.
- Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows
- Sky Deck with premium lounge chairs, whirlpool, shade awnings, & outdoor deck game area
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Non-smoking staterooms & ship interior
- Convenient Elevator Service
- Elegant, contemporary design
- Outside viewing deck
- Headsets for guided shore excursions
- English-speaking friendly crew, staff & professional Cruise Director
- Sightseeing with Expert Local Guides
- Onboard lectures, activities & entertainment
- Complimentary room service for Continental breakfast
- Sky Deck whirlpool
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- Onboard Adventure Center with active gear, bikes, Nordic walking sticks, watercraft & maps
- Casual dinner in the Panorama Bistro
- Behind-the-scenes galley tour
- Choice of Classic, Active or Discovery excursions so that you can experience your cruise your way
- Nordic walking sticks available onboard for complimentary check-out
- Onshore & Onboard experiences with regional customs, cultures & tastings with local artisans, experts & entertainers
- Flatscreen satellite TV with English-speaking channels & over 100 free movie options
- Onboard assistance is available to recommend, reserve and further personalize your cruise
- Linger over several selections from the Panorama Bistro’s tasting menu for a less formal “sit-down” atmosphere
- Self-serve beverage station with complimentary tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees, including decaf options
- Well-stocked library with books, cards, and board games
- Complimentary bottled water, fresh fruit, and cookies available throughout the day
- Full-size closet mirror
All Staterooms have a window.
Cat A, B and P have wall-to-wall panoramic windows to create an open-air balcony.
- Designed with your comfort in mind. Flat screen satellite TV & radio. Private bathroom with shower. Comfortable, hotel-style beds. European-style duvets. Egyptian super-combed cotton linens. Large closets. Minibar, hairdryer & safe. Individual climate control. 200 sq. ft.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi & Bottled Water.
Preview of the Trip
Interested in booking? Get in contact.